scrapbook community ideas supplies inspiration onlinescrapbook community ideas supplies inspiration online

HOME · BLOG · STORE · NEWSSTAND · POST OFFICE · MUSEUM · HELP

ScrapVillage.com
Welcome to ScrapVillage

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
................ [ ] .... Gallery

Dowloading fonts for Quickutz Silhouette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScrapVillage.com Forum Index -> The Repair Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jiffy
City Clerk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Dowloading fonts for Quickutz Silhouette Reply with quote

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on a technical question of mine. I downloaded a really cute font from ScrapVillage (called Virgin Love -- sounds naughty, hmm?! but it's a cute font for Valentine's) for use with my new Silhouette machine and all worked out just fine. Font downloaded nicely. Was able to call it up in MS Word and Publisher. But cannot find the font listed in the directory in Silhouette, which was the intended purpose for the download. It is a True Type font, so no problem there, hopefully, anyways!

Appreciate any advice or suggestions. I have also been in touch with tech support at Quickutz and while very helpful, still no solution to the dilemma.

Thanks!
Jiffy xoxx
OrangeShooze
City Planner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya! lachen Have you checked the entire list of fonts? (i.e. top to bottom) For whatever reason, I find some fonts not listed alphabetically as expected. Sometimes they're titled with the creator's initials at the beginning...sometimes not even. But I have a good 20-30 fonts "out of order" at the bottom of my font directory. *shrug* Could this font maybe be one of them?

---Leah
Tana
Mayor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Leah's suggestions doesn't work, try opening up the font file so it is an open window on your computer, then open up the Silhouette software after that.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let's just all get some alcohol and calm down! -- Village Churchlady

pages completed in 2009: 117
pages completed in 2010: 355
pages completed in 2011: 190
pages completed in 2012: 72
pages completed in 2013: 307
pages completed in 2014: 208
Jiffy
City Clerk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re Quickutz and font download Reply with quote

Thanks Leah and Tana for suggestions. Have tried both but with no luck. It's really puzzling why the font will be available in the listing for MS Word and Publisher but not for Silhouette, isn't it? The tech support at Quickutz is 'stumped' over this one too and is looking into it. Hmm.... Well, if I do discover what the mystery answer is; I'll be sure to post it in case anyone else runs across this situation too! (I'm only just becoming familiar with my new Christmas gift so am still playing with trial and error situations. Having fun, tho!)

Jiffy xoxx

P.S. I love the concept of this little scrapping village community! So very well done! Glad to have wandered into 'town' and now been made to feel so welcome! Thank you again!
Croppehopper
New Kid on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am under the impression that any font that you have on your computer can be cut with the Silhouette. Have I heard wrong?? I don't have one yet. just trying to figure out which one I want to buy.
OrangeShooze
City Planner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can cut .TTF fonts on the Silhouette. lachen

---Leah
Jiffy
City Clerk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add a footnote/postscript to my original message.

Yes, TTF fonts are wonderfully accepted by Silhouette and they can be cut in letters ranging in size from 1/4 inch to 8 inches in height! Wonderful feature to be sure! I have had no problem in downloading many fonts and utizing with the Silhouette but for some reason or other, the font named Virgin is unattainable in my Silhouette software. Very strange! I can access it in any and all of my Microsft programs, just not in Silhouette. Can't figure it out for the life of me! nutty

Anyways, I would highly recommend the digital craft cutter. I have had such fun with it since receiving it as a lovely Christmas gift from DH!

Jiffy xoxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScrapVillage.com Forum Index -> The Repair Shop All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: