scrapbook community ideas supplies inspiration onlinescrapbook community ideas supplies inspiration online

HOME · BLOG · STORE · NEWSSTAND · POST OFFICE · MUSEUM · HELP

ScrapVillage.com
Welcome to ScrapVillage

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
................ [ ] .... Gallery

getting prints made (survey)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScrapVillage.com Forum Index -> Beginners Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeShooze
City Planner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: getting prints made (survey) Reply with quote

a) If applicable, how do you decide what prints to make/order and when?
b) Which developing services do you use? Who would you recommend?
c) If you print pictures at home, what are your printer and paper of choice?
d) Do you print or order multiples?
e) How do you decide when to print or order enlargements, if any?
f) Are you a matte or glossy gal?
irishirish15
Village Coach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) If applicable, how do you decide what prints to make/order and when? I try to print from snapfish every time I have a big event or anytime my camera seems to have a lot of pictures on it (over 100) so that I can get them organized and ready to scrap.
b) Which developing services do you use? Who would you recommend? Snapfish, great organized site - saves/stores all your photos, good prices and quality. Sometimes use other online sites if they have a deal. I find winkflsh annoying to edit the pictures.
c) If you print pictures at home, what are your printer and paper of choice? not usually - I usually order from snapfish (unless another online company has a great deal) in a rush I send to Walmart one hourd) Do you print or order multiples? if it's a topic for both kids albums or if I plan to send them to friends/family.
e) How do you decide when to print or order enlargements, if any? I try to do a few 5x7s for every main event to feature in LOs, usually it's based on a special look or candid expression DD or DS has on his/her face. I also make a few 8 x 10s a season to update frames in the house.
f) Are you a matte or glossy gal? matte

knittingbec
Robo-Villager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: getting prints made (survey) Reply with quote

a) If applicable, how do you decide what prints to make/order and when? I pick ones that I already have a scrappy idea for, and ones that I really like and feel like I'll get a scrappy idea for later. If not, I save for later--I can always go back and re-order.
b) Which developing services do you use? Who would you recommend? I use kodakgallery.com and scrapbookpictures.com (when I'm also ordering prints of digi LOs or if I need a different size)
c) If you print pictures at home, what are your printer and paper of choice? I have an Epson PictureMate, but only use it in an "emergency".
d) Do you print or order multiples? Not usually
e) How do you decide when to print or order enlargements, if any? Again, if I have a scrappy idea, or if the photo just really seems like it deserves extra-special recognition.
f) Are you a matte or glossy gal? matte

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start" -John Bingham

My Gallery

scrappylilme
City Clerk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) If applicable, how do you decide what prints to make/order and when? About once every 3 months I use Snapfish to print doubles of all the pics I've taken in the previous three months--one set goes into a plain photo album for myself, one set goes into another one that I give my son and DIL at the end of the year.
b) Which developing services do you use? Who would you recommend? Snapfish definitely! If you prepay, 4x6 prints they are only .09 each, and they always arrive in a matter of a few days.
c) If you print pictures at home, what are your printer and paper of choice? As a rule, I only print photos that I scrap because I can crop and print them in any size or shape (square, 4x6, 5x7, etc). I love my HP Photosmart 8250!
d) Do you print or order multiples? See above--usually 2 of each shot, sometimes more than that of really special shots that I want to share with others in the family.
e) How do you decide when to print or order enlargements, if any? Once a year I take "formal" pics of my grandsons and I usually will print the great ones myself in 5x7 format. Usally 3 copies--one for me, one for my son and DIL and one for her mom and dad.
f) Are you a matte or glossy gal? You know, I can't make up my mind. For a while I preferred matte because I thought it looked nicer on a page. Now I've done a complete turnaround and I think glossy finish makes the photo show up better.
jmeure
New Kid on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately I've been ordering copies of all my pictures, because grandma likes copies. I order duplicates of ones that I feel are good shots that I may want to scrapbook. I'll then...when I'm ordering if I want larger prints or black&white prints.

I use the Costco photo center. It's easy, cheap and I can pick up my pictures in an hour. Costco also allows you to share your pictures with anyone you wish, so I share photos with my sister...who can order pictures for herself if she wishes.

I have an HP printer....but my choice of paper is made by Epson. I don't like the HP paper....once finger prints are on the photo its impossible to wipe them off.

Yes...pictures I don't use I give to family members or to my kids.

If I have time...I order enlargements because it's much cheaper. I only print my own pictures when I don't have time and I need the pictures now!

I am not one or the other. Some pictures look better in matte and others in glossy.
cheerful cropper
City Planner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually upload and order my pics as soon as i download them onto my computer.
i use costco and like it.
i like HP everyday photo paper in gloss. i just picked up glossy paper from costco b/c it was cheaper and it is ok.
sometimes
i'll chose 1 or 2 photos from an event or shoot to enlarge.
matte when i buy. glossy when i print from home.

yukonbear1
Playground Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually upload and decide which to order within a week of taking the photo.
I use Costco. I like them, so I recomend them.
I don't like the way my photos turn out at home, so I generally don't print at home.
I always order multiples.
I usually pick my favorites to enlarge. I almost always have an enlargement in my order.
Always matte, I think that's why I don't like the way my home printes turn out.
Scrapbookkasey
Fair Housing Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order whatever I think I am going to scrap next.
b) Which developing services do you use? Who would you recommend? Lately I have used Walgreens or Target.
I use my Canon printer but don't like to scrap those photos.
d) Do you print or order multiples? singles.
e) How do you decide when to print or order enlargements, if any? I don't do enlargements too often.
I like glossy better.
http://scrapbookkasey.blogspot.com/

My new money saving blog: http://kaseymomof4.blogspot.com/
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker<br>
JustPlainBeth
Yarn Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) If applicable, how do you decide what prints to make/order and when? I order whatever I've taken photos of recently (mostly events.. not random photos which I take a ton of unless I have an idea for them)
b) Which developing services do you use? Who would you recommend? I use Walmart.com cuz I can go pick them up in an hour
d) Do you print or order multiples? nope unless I have other people to give them too
e) How do you decide when to print or order enlargements, if any? if I have a photo that I really love. Only this last year have I been getting 5x7s for my layouts.. not all of them.. but a bunch
f) Are you a matte or glossy gal?matte all the way

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams
KCJenny
City Reporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) If applicable, how do you decide what prints to make/order and when? - now....when I go to Target or Walmart, I get a cd made and a few pictures. I have a few online services but I'm not organized enough yet to print a bunch of pictures ahead of time...soon...very soon!
d) Do you print or order multiples? - some....but most just singles
f) Are you a matte or glossy gal? - prefer Matte....but sometimes I don't have a choice.
Jiffy
City Clerk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: getting prints made (survey) Reply with quote

I print the pictures according to need for any particular scrapping LO or for framing display.
b) Which developing services do you use? Who would you recommend? N/A
My printer of choice is definitely my Canon Pixma Photo printer IP4300. It is the best, in my opinion! And, of course, Canon photo paper.
d) Do you print or order multiples? Yes, if I need to! Sometimes in different sizes to accomodate a page LO.
e) How do you decide when to print or order enlargements, if any? Again, that will depend upon the project or LO in the planning. I love the flexibility, with printing the pictures at home, of making them as large or as small or perhaps in different shapes.
f) Are you a matte or glossy gal? Both. But I will stick with one or the other thru-out a project -- for consistency.
sawquasar
Meddling Midge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

) If applicable, how do you decide what prints to make/order and when? It's pretty hard to decide! But I have a separate folder where I will place a copy of pictures I really want to crop when I download them. Then when I get 20 or so, I copy them to a cd and take them to Walmart or Walgreens, whichever is cheapest at the time.

d) Do you print or order multiples? I usually order double prints because my daughter's scrapbook and sometimes want to do the same photo.
e) How do you decide when to print or order enlargements, if any? If something just hits me as special I will order a larger size.
I really prefer the matte finish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScrapVillage.com Forum Index -> Beginners Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: